Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Grind

Today was a monumental day. I resolved to learn to create my own video game.. from scratch. I am quite aware of how huge of an undertaking this is, but I believe it will be a good experience in the end.

I will be posting little bytes on this blog as to how my progress is coming, and post helpful pieces of advice I gain in the process.

DAY 1
Here goes nothing. Swim suit on, ready to splash into the world of coding and programming. I picked up a book called Sams C++: Teach Yourself in One Hour a Day. The jury is still out on whether this is a good resource or not. I will try and give a quick first-impression based review tommorow.

I also downloaded Microsoft C++ 2008 Express Edition. From my surfing and review-reading, this compiler is a great value, being free and all. I will also give a short review of how things are going with this program.

Until next time,
The Archivist

No comments:

Post a Comment